18 October 2015

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation & Concealer // Review

Hello!

If you have read my previous post, then you will know that the Nars Sheer Glow foundation is my current favourite base product. I am absolutely head over heels for it, however due to the high cost of the Sheer Glow, i have been using other foundations so that the Sheer Glow lasts a little bit longer!

After watching Kelly on Snapchat ( go follow her at kellycpeel if you are not already!) and hearing her singing the praises of Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation, i decided to give it a whirl. Rimmel is one of my all time favourite high street beauty brands (i hate the word drugstore... haha) and whenever i'm browsing the Rimmel stand at Boots, i always end up walking away with something - usually a lipstick!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The shade range of the foundation isn't very extensive but in the end i chose 103 True Ivory. I bought this shade as i find that foundations can oxidise on your skin and go darker when applied. True Ivory was a safe choice and it is a good match for my skin tone. It definitely oxidises on my skin, so if you are looking for a very light shade, i wouldn't recommend True Ivory as it is not as light as the shade name would suggest. Definitely swatch it before buying.


The foundation had quite a lot to live up to after i'd become obsessed with my Sheer Glow. Although the Match Perfection doesn't quite live up to my high end choice, it is definitely one of the best high street foundations that i have used. The foundation is a creamy consistency which makes it so easy to blend into your skin. I also find that when blended in, the foundation gives a really nice naturally perfected look to your skin. The foundation doesn't look cakey or too obvious and really does give a natural finish to the skin. I was slightly worried that this foundation would be too radiant for my oily skin type and that i would be forever powdering to compensate. However this has not been the case, although the foundation does have a nice radiant finish, it is quite subtle and does not cause any problems for me. It just adds to the natural finish of the foundation. The foundation is dispensed by the pump on the bottle, which makes it so much easier and less messy to release the foundation from the bottle!

I have been using this about 3 times a week, when i am not making too much of an effort with my makeup and want to keep things simple. This foundation combined with the matching concealer, means that i have a great foundation and concealer duo for days when i want to keep my make up a little more low key...and save my Sheer Glow!

Along with the foundation, i also purchased the matching concealer. I picked the shade 010 Ivory, as with the foundation. I always prefer my concealers to be a bit lighter than normal as i think it brightens nicely under the eyes. When i first used this concealer i was slightly confused by the brush like applicator. It is nothing like i have ever seen before so i was a bit dubious! However once i got the hang of squeezing the tube to release the product onto the applicator, i was really impressed! The applicator actually makes applying the concealer very quick and easy. The brush does get a little clogged up with remnants of the concealer as you are nearing the end of the tube, but this does not affect the product dispensing at all. It just looks a bit gross!

I apply this concealer mainly under my eyes and on any niggling spots or marks. The shade is spot on for me, a little lighter than my complexion and i find that it doesn't oxidise at all, unlike the foundation. The concealer has a beautiful creamy consistency and is not too thick either. The coverage of this concealer is absolutely incredible! It can cover my 7am dark circles and any pesky spots which have arrived overnight! I also find that you don't need a lot of this concealer to gain a good coverage. A couple of swipes under my eyes and my dark circles are banished. The concealer feels quite hydrating on the skin and doesn't appear to cling to any drier patches.

I have been really impressed with this combination of base products and will definitely be repurchasing them in the future. For just £7.99 for the foundation, the True Match is such good value for money and i'm actually really impressed with it! The concealer at £5.99 is probably my favourite of the two products and although it took me a few days to get the hang of it, it is now my favourite high street concealer and definitely rivals the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, which is also another favourite of mine.

Have you tried Rimmel foundations? Let me know if you have any other recommendations!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig