13 April 2011

Blush Me!

Last week i was in dire need of a new blusher, so off i toddled to Superdrug to see what they had to offer. My local Superdrug has had a makeover on the make up front recently, the stands seem bigger and there is a lot more product choice and new brands are being introduced too.

After being uninspired by the Revlon, Loreal and Sleek stands i stumbled across the MeMeMe! section. I'd heard a lot of good things about the Shimmer Palettes and the boxed Blushers from MeMeMe! so after swatching the blusher i decided to go for it and buy a blusher in the colour Rouge.

As you can probably tell by the photo below, the packaging is designed similarly to Benefit's famous boxed powders (e.g. Hoola) Obviously this is a copycat design in an attempt to lure in customers, guess it worked!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The packaging also holds a mirror in the lid, which is pretty useful if you pop the blusher in your bag and don't have a mirror to hand. Also included in the box is a brush to apply the blusher with. Again, another similarity to Benefit...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The colour i bought was Rouge. When i think of Rouge i instantly think of red, however the blusher is more of coral-y pink. Its still a beautiful colour though, but in my eyes this is nowhere near a rouge hue! The blusher does have a slight shimmer to it and the texture/pigmentation is great too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All in all i'm really impressed by the blusher. Pretty packaging and a great product at a fab price of £8.50

Available from www.mememecosmetics.co.uk and at Superdrug

Felicity xo
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I keep hearing good things about these blushes, are they actually similar to benefits-quality wise do you know? I think I may try one next time.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in need of a new blusher, I'll definitely check this out! It look similar to Benefit's blushers, but less than half the price!
    I'm now following, please follow me back! :)
    www.hazzaapee.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blushes keep on turning up in my blog roll. Too bad I'm not in the UK, you picked up a pretty colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice colour I do love corals! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig